Looking for the best succulent soil for succulents and cactus plants? If so, you came to the right place! So before going to the main topic, we must know what are the succulents. They are actually the group of plants which store the extra water in their leaves just as the camel store water in a stomach. As they store water in their leaves, therefore the leaves are thick and fleshy.
- Different kind of plant with different habitat
- Best Succulent Soil Buying Guide
- Ingredients in the succulent and cactus soil
- Succulent soil particle size
- Succulent soil must be well-draining.
- Porous soil
- Nutrients rich
- Should not attract bugs
- PH balance
- 1) Succulent & Cactus Soil Mix – Premium Pre-Mixed Fast Draining Blend
- 2) Professional Grower Mix Soil Fast Draining BLEND
- 3) Wonder Soil Premium Cactus AND SUCCULENT MIX
- 4) Miracle-Gro Cactus, Palm & Citrus Potting Mix
- 5) Bonsai Jack Succulent and Cactus Soil – Jacks Gritty Mix
- 6) Fat Plants Premium Organic Cacti and Succulent Soil
- 7) Premium Organic Succulent & Cactus Soil Mix
- 8) Quarts xGarden Cactus and Succulent Soil Mix
- 9) Wonder Soil | Premium Cactus Soil & Succulent Soil Mix
- 10) Organic Succulent and Cactus Soil Gallon
- 11) Fat Plants San Diego Premium Organic Cacti and Succulent Soil
- 12) Organic Succulents & Cactus Soil Mix, Fast Draining Pre-Mixed Blend
- 13) Miracle-Gro 0062581-298 Cactus, Palm, & Citrus Soil – 8 Quart
- 14) Organic Succulent and Cactus Soil Mix, Potting Soil with Seaweed, Perlite
- 15) Succulent Planter Soil Kit – Total DIY Terrarium Supplies -Terrarium Kit
Now, the question arises why the succulents store water in their leaves. The answer is that succulents actually are made for the dry climate such as desert areas and it is their creation that they don’t like the most humid environment.
However, they are just like the other plants, they need sunlight and if they lack the sunlight, they will become dull or green.
|01||Succulent & Cactus Soil Mix – Premium||1.75 Pounds||2.5 Dry Quarts|
|02||Professional Grower Mix Soil||10.1 Ounces||2 Quarts|
|03||Wonder Soil | Premium Cactus Soil||3.03 Pounds||12 Quarts|
|04||Miracle-Gro Cactus, Palm & Citrus Potting Mix||8.51 Pounds||12 Quarts|
|05||Bonsai Jack Succulent and Cactus Soil||2.5 Pounds||2 Quarts|
|06||Fat Plants San Diego Premium Organic Cacti and Succulent Soil||1.7 Pounds||1/2 Gallon|
|07||Premium Organic Succulent & Cactus Soil Mix||12 Ounces||3 Dry Quarts|
|08||8 Quarts xGarden Cactus and Succulent Soil Mix||4.66 Pounds||8 Quarts|
|09||Wonder Soil | Premium Cactus Soil||3.03 Pounds||3 lbs|
|10||Organic Succulent and Cactus Soil||2.4 Pounds||4 dry Quarts|
|11||Fat Plants San Diego Premium Organic Cacti and Succulent Soil||10.4 Ounces||1 Gallon|
|12||Organic Succulents & Cactus Soil Mix||11.2 Ounces||2 Quarts|
|13||Miracle-Gro 0062581-298 Cactus, Palm, & Citrus Soil||5 Pounds||8 Quarts|
|14||Organic Succulent and Cactus Soil Mix||3 Pounds||4 Quarts|
|15||Succulent Planter Soil Kit||1.6 Pounds||Small kit|
Different kind of plant with different habitat
Succulents and cactus are somewhat different compared to other plants as they require a different kinds of soil. As in their natural habitat, they have to face the drought situations. So they have enough water stored in the stems and leaves.
If we talk about the succulent soil, then mostly these plants are grown in usually very porous and well-drained soil.
Many people want to have the succulents and cactus in their homes or in the area near their homes. So, if you want to keep it in your home, you must use that soil which is well-drained as well as nutrient-rich.
Best Succulent Soil Buying Guide
There are different options available in the market when looking for succulent soil. As such, it may be difficult for you to pick the best soil for your succulent plants. We hope that by educating you in what goes into succulent soil and some hand picked succulent soil, it will help you make the best decision.
Ingredients in the succulent and cactus soil
If we talk about the ingredients, then the succulent soil must be the combination of organic and inorganic components. It should have the necessary nutrients as well as the balance to pH level, which makes the absorbent of the water quickly and also make it well-draining.
Succulent soil particle size
Soil particle size matters a lot and for those plants, you have to pick the big size soil particle. The particle size of 1/4 to 1/8 inches good enough.
When the particle size is bigger then it will solve many issues such as root aeration problem and poor water draining problems.
Succulent soil must be well-draining.
The soil which you give to succulent plants must be well-draining because if they are grown in the wet soil for a long period they will absorb a lot of water than they need. This can be detrimental to the health and well being of your succulent plant.
The succulent soil must be porous which means that it must have some gaps between its particles. It is very necessary for the air circulation in the roots.
As we all know that nutrients are very necessary for plants just like they are for humans. You must them soil which is nutrient-rich so that they can flourish.
Should not attract bugs
The soil must be of that nature which should not attract bugs. Bugs are not good for the succulent plants and the cactus plant as they can damage the plant.
Many succulent plants and cacti usually grow in the slightly acidic soil which have a pH of around 6 but many succulent plants grow in less acidic soil. But keep in mind the succulent plants will ultimately die when they are grown in alkaline soil.
If you are looking for the best succulent soil for your plant then you can choose from the 15 products which you will see below. At the end, you will have enough knowledge to make a good judgement on which soil is good for your succulent or cactus plant.
The succulent soil is premixed and ready to use before its bagging. It contains 1/4 USA pumice, 1/4 New Zealand Pine bark, 1/4 hard Japanese Akadama, 1/4 hay diet.
As we all know that succulents are different than the usual plants so regular potting and regular soil is not enough for them. They are designed to withstand the environmental extremes so special soil with special features is necessary for these plants.
Succulent plants have the characteristics to store the water in their leave, stems, or roots to give the succulent appearance so they’ve needed the soil which shows the fast-draining which this soil mixture also have.
- This succulent soil is easy to use and it promotes excellent water retention and drainage.
- The soil is specially formulated for the cactus as well as the succulents.
- This soil is actually a known organic mix in which it has primarily known organic components.
- So, it is the real substrate to provide optimal drainage water retention in cleaned up and much more.
- The bag in which the soil is packed is resealable so you can again use it.
- So you can easily reseal the bag when you want to again put it in the soil or pot.
Succulent and Cactus oil mix comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- High-quality soil as well as affordable
- Premixed and ready to use
- Specially formulated for succulents and cacti
- Well-drained and without any dirt
- Comes in an easy seal-able bag
- Available in different sized bags
Does not cause any infection
The soil is free of harmful ingredients that cause infection to the plant. The soil offers high drainage so the plant will not sit in saturated water.
Imported from Denmark, this succulent soil has the essentials needed for succulents.
- This succulents soil is professionally formulated and imported from Denmark.
- It is made to provide optimal growth for succulent and cactus plants.
- It is very lightweight and well-drained having the pH balance 5.5.
- It is an organic soil that gives the plant support and perfect for most varieties of succulent plants.
- The soil is 100% Bonsai soil and is great in preventing the plant from root rot and over watering.
- It is the perfect mixture for acid-loving plants.
- Perfect for all cactus and succulents
- Promotes aeration
- Fast drainage
- Premixed and easy to use
- Drought resistant soil
- Made from natural renewable resources
Wonder Soil is the premium cactus soil which is the soil mix containing the dry compressed Coco coir mix with some more adding such as worm casting, water-saving polymers, mycorrhiza, kelp, Puma, etc.
A natural soil
This is a natural soil that is peat-free and as well as family and pet safe. It has all the required ingredients for the fast draining and aeration.
The succulent soil has the ability to make the stronger roots of the cactus plant as well as succulents. So the roots become healthy in less time as well as become the drought-resistant.
- Wonder Soil is the premium cactus soil and succulent soil mix.
- t is the only dry compressed Coco coir mix where some worm casting mycorrhiza pumice, Water saving Polymers, and much more are present.
- Now, you can easily grow your cactus plant as well as a succulent plant with strong roots. It is also peat-free and all natural formula.
- When you mix this soil with water then it will expand four times the size of the soil.
- It is easy to carry as well as easy to use because it is premixed.
- So this soil will make your gardening hobby more interesting where you can grow the desired plant you want.
Pros and Cons:
- Water retention and drainage
- Professionally formulated
- Keeping the moisture in succulents
- A good and nutritious mix
- Get the brighter succulents with this soil
- Healthy plants
4) Miracle-Gro Cactus, Palm & Citrus Potting Mix
Easy to use
The soil is very easy to use where you have to just choose the container with a drain hole. In the next step, you have to lose and the root ball and place it loosely into the container. Add more soil and then add the water. Let it drain and do it regularly.
When you start using this soil for your plant then you see the plant becoming stronger and stronger day by day. It is a Palm and citrus potting mix which is helpful in making the plant healthy.
Healthy nutrients are included in this soil which is very necessary for the plant to become healthy. In addition to the nutrients, it is also a high drainage formula.
- Miracle-gro is the cactus Palm and citrus potting mix which is the fast-draining formula.
- It will give you the beautiful and colorful results and also a good miracle Gro plant food.
- As we all know that forest products increase the productivity of the succulent plants so forest products are also included in this soil.
- Make sure that you are using this soil in containers or pots.
Pros and Cons:
- Affordable and high-quality soil
- Available in 4 packs
- Comes with a 6-month money-back guarantee
- An improved fast-draining soil
- Have all the nutritious nutrients
- Premixed and easy to use
- Confined to the plants grown in the containers or pots
- Soil is not for the ground plants
Fighting root rot
Bonsai Jack succulent soil mix is an amazing formula that is helpful in fighting the root rot as well as keeping the good drainage.
Pathogens free soil
It is a pathogen-free soil and also inspected and tested on a regular basis to make it more useful for the plant.
PH balanced soil
This fast-draining soil has a pH level of 5.5 so that the plant would not die as well as being healthy.
- All Bonsai Jackson soil is manufactured in the USA and is the best brand to give the quality ingredients in the soil.
- This oil is fast draining and nurturing which helps prevent the root rot and overwatering.
- The good thing about the soil is that it is used by professionals and other plant-loving people.
- The soil is ideal for Acid loving plants which have a pH of about 5.5.
- As it is an expert formula, it is fully tested before its packaging.
Pros and Cons:
- Ultra-premium succulent soil
- Not contain any pathogens
- Lab-tested and certified
- Good premium ingredients
- PH balanced
Strengthen the root system
As succulent plants need high quality of nutrients which this soil also has. It is the enriched formula that strengthens the roots as well as preventing it from root rot.
Favorable for any kind of environment
This soil is favorable for the succulent plants to grow in the indoor environment as well as the outdoor environment.
Available in three convenient sizes
This soil makes is available in three sizes which you can use according to your convenience. Also, it is a resealable bag so you can use the quantity of the soil according to your choice.
- Fat plants soil is the premium quality soil that is organic in nature.
- The soil is full of nutrients and contains professionally blended cactus and succulent soil.
- As it is the premium quality soil, it is mixed and packaged in the complete supervision of experts.
- You can use it for any type of cacti and succulents plants as it is pH balanced.
- The soil will give you the optimal drainage for succulents and helps prevent root rot.
- Great value for money
- High-quality soil as well as effective
- Made from a homemade recipe
- Soil rich in nutrients
- Particle size favorable for draining
- Specially made for succulents by a license to grow in the nursery
Compatible with different varieties of plants
This is a great soil mixture that is compatible with different types of succulents, cactus, herbs, vegetables, houseplants, etc. The soil is made to drain the extra water as well as retain the necessary water.
Many people are using the cactus plants for ornamental purposes and this soil is the best one which is formulated for all indoor plants and helps in plants to grow in the indoor environment.
Now, you can yourself propagate your own succulent from leaves cuttings as well as the cactus seeds.
- The soil gives excellent drainage and water retention quality.
- It is good for the indoor as well as the outdoor containers as it is specially formulated.
- It is the best soil for the propagation of the succulents and cactus.
- The soil is perfectly formulated to help your succulents and cactus live in their indoor environments and also allow the soil to drain quickly.
- It depends on the species for which we want to purchase the soil.
- Proper drainage of the plants
- Propagating succulents
- Great soil mix
- Fast root growth
- Nutritious soil and keep the plants healthy
A perfect mixture
This is the great succulent soil mix which is made up of the combination of organic peat moss, composted Pine bark, the proper amount of lime to adjust the pH, as well as the Perlite in it.
The best growth of the plant
By using this soil mix, you will see the amazing results and also see the best growth of the plant because of the nutritious ingredients present in the soil.
Excellent drainage and aeration
This is the best soil as it provides excellent drainage and aeration because of the ingredients present in it. It is the all-natural premium grow medium for different kinds of succulents as well as desert and jungle cacti.
- It is an amazing soil and contains all-natural premium cactus and succulent soil mix.
- The soil is made from the renowned brand called xGarden brand where the products are exclusively distributed.
- The soil is pH-controlled and also balanced for optimal plant health.
- It contains many Peat moss, vermiculite, and perlite.
- It is available in 8 Quarts which is almost 32 cups and is the perfect soil mix for your beautiful plants.
- The perfect mix for all types of succulents and cacti
- Premium growth of plants
- Excellent drainage
- pH balanced
- Also suitable for jungle cacti
This soil is a hundred percent organic nontoxic as well as pathogen-free. It encounters a precise form of Nitrogen which will not burn the plants.
This soil is a mixture of important and beneficial nutrients including beneficial fungi called mycorrhizae.
Increases resistance to diseases
This soil mix increases the resistance to diseases such as root rot and draught. It contains 60 trace minerals and elements which is very beneficial.
- This soil is an amazing mixture that will expand to four times the size of the soil when you put water in it.
- It offers water retention as well as sufficient drainage.
- This succulent soil as a heavy-duty resealable bag.
- It is nutrient-rich succulent soil that offers fast germination.
- Wonders wale is premix and ready to use soil mix.
Pros and Cons:
- Beneficial fungus for good growth
- 60 trace elements and minerals
- Create resistance to diseases like draught, and insect infestation
- Microscopic pores on the surface
- 100% organic and 60 trace minerals
- Get the stronger roots
Handmade soil mix
This is a very beneficial soil mix you which is also handmade that needs extra drainage.
There are many healthy ingredients present in the soil such as coconut Choir, worm castings, Shale rocks, expanded clay Horticulture, sand Horticulture, charcoal, etc.
Helps prevent root rot
It is very helpful in preventing root rot where it absorbs the needed water and the rest of the water is drained.
- Organic succulent soil is the premium handmade soil mix for these plants.
- It is perfect for those plants which need the high drainage mix.
- The ingredients used in this soil is Peat Moss, perlite worm casting, coconut coir, Horticulture charcoal, mycorrhizal root, inoculate.
- It is a high-quality soil that is available at a good price.
Pros and Cons:
- Good price and high quality
- Premium handmade soil
- Especially for succulents and cactus
- Organic ingredients in the succulent soil
- Highly effective soil as well as pH balanced
- Specially formulated for plants who need the drainage
- Absorbs more water than other succulent soil
Automatic feeding for up to 6 months
The soil mix is the amazing formula that is rich in many useful nutrients which can automatically feed your succulents for up to 6 months.
Excellent growing medium
This soil mix serves as an excellent growing medium for vegetables, Bonsai seedlings, and many other plants.
No Peat moss
There is no Peat moss present in the soil as when it is present then it will retain more water which is dangerous for the succulent and cactus plants.
- Fat plants are the nutrient-rich formula that is available in the full blended form.
- The oil used for the succulent plant is of premium quality.
- It is the pH balance soil for every kind of succulent plant or cacti.
- It gives you the maximum drainage for the plants and also helps in preventing the root rot.
Pros and Cons:
- Breathable soil and low moisture soil
- Allows roots to thrive
- pH balanced and premium quality
- Optimal drainage for succulents
- Quick draining and fertile
- The soil is thick yet airy
Help avoid overwatering
Organic succulents and cactus soil mix is helpful in avoiding overwatering so that they can survive in all types of environment to drain the water quickly.
Useful for other plants
Not only the soil is great for succulents and cactus but it is very helpful in growing the different kinds of vegetables, Herbs, etc.
It is ready to use premix to cactus soil as it is remixed before packaging. It is very helpful in the best growth of the plant.
- It is a professional formula that is mixed with a low amount of organic fertilizer.
- As it is a fast-draining formula, it is also great moisture keeping formula which is not good for the plant.
- You can easily grow ornamental succulents and it is best for the professional growers and amateur gardeners.
- The formula of the soil is great which makes it the good drought-tolerant plant.
- The soil is very lightweight and gives you the fast-draining where it can get rid of the extra water very easily.
- It is a premixed formula, so you can use it when you just open it.
- Amazingly, it is an all-purpose container mix where you can use it for indoor and outdoor container plants such as fruit seedlings, flowers, herbs, vegetables.
- It is a quick-release small bag which is packed in small two cords with easy ziplock releasable design.
Pros and Cons:
- Amazing soil for vegetables, flowers, and container fruits
- Offers good drainage
- Nutritious soil
- According to someone review, it is very little soil in the package.
13) Miracle-Gro 0062581-298 Cactus, Palm, & Citrus Soil – 8 Quart
Now, you can get strong roots in your succulent plants and cacti because this formula is specially formulated for the nourishment of the plant.
This is a new formulation specially made for the slow-growing plants which can increase their growth. So the growth is increased when the soil is fast draining where the Miracle-gro is the best one.
Prevents many diseases
It is ideal for all types of cactus arm and citrus plants which can also prevent diseases of succulent plants such as root rot and drought.
- Miracle-gro is the cactus form and citrus soil. It improves the existing soil towards strong roots.
- You can feed this soil to your plant for up to three months.
- This succulent soil is ideal for all kinds of palm, cactus, and citrus plants.
- It is enriched with the plant food for up to 3 months of feeding.
- This soil is best for the slow-growing plants and thus it speeds up the growth of these plants.
Pros and Cons:
- A potting soil favorable for all types of cacti and succulents
- Do the fast draining
- Makes the roots stronger and healthy
- Equipped with all the nutritious ingredients
- According to someone review, it shows poor drainage
There are Seaweed chunks in this amazing succulent soil mix which makes the plants healthy in very less time.
60 trace minerals
As it contains Seaweed and you will be amazed to know that Seaweed has 60 trace minerals such as potassium, phosphate, nitrogen, etc.
Offers fast draining
Organic succulent and cactus soil makes offers the fast draining of the water because of important ingredients such as sand, perlite, and Seaweed.
- It is a unique soil and a great blend that makes the cactus plant grow healthy and beautiful.
- It includes seaweed which is very necessary for fast plant growth.
- In the soil, perlite, soil, and seaweed are present which makes the fast drainage and the roots do not have more water retention.
- In the seaweed, 60 amazing trace elements are present which are ready to use nutrients such as potassium, nitrogen, phosphate, and magnesium.
- The product guarantees the user that the soil is ideal for the ultimate plant growth as well as keeps the root and plant health and the beautiful one.
Pros and Cons:
- A nutritious soil
- The soil pulls the excess water from the roots.
- Amazing smell and good for home decor.
- Plants grow very healthy and large
- Seaweed as an organic fertilizer is present
- Sometimes, problems with drainage
Ingredients present in the kit
It is the succulent plant-soil kit, many healthy nutrients such as washed pea gravel, activated charcoal, smooth river rock, etc are present.
Awesome desk decor
Many people love to have cactus or succulent plants in their home for decoration. Along with the decor, it is also a good hobby for the kids.
The succulent soil mix is offering the proper drainage so that the roots are able to retain the needed water in it.
- It is a plant-soil kit which contains DIY terrarium supplies.
- It is the best Kit for the fairy Gardens.
- It is made in the USA with organic soil.
- It is made especially for the succulent plants.
- With the help of this soil kit, you are saving your money and time.
- It is a great gift and activity for children where all the instructions are included with the packaging.
Pros and Cons:
- Affordable as well as beginners friendly
- Ready to use and setup
- Good for succulent learners
- Instructions are included in the packaging
- Healthy ingredients in the soil
- Generous amount of materials
- Less soil in the packaging as compared to other succulent soils
As we discussed earlier that succulents and cacti plants are different than the rest of the plants because they need a very little amount of water for their survival, as well as they, required the proper drainage.
There should be no retention of water in the roots. You have to consider certain things while growing succulents and cacti such as the soil in which you are growing must be full of those nutrients and minerals which are required for their growth as well as the pH should also be maintained so that the plant would not die. Usually, the pH is maintained when there is an added lime in the soil.
In this article, I have presented 15 most amazing succulent soil mix which will help the plants grow better as well as absorb the minimum amount of water in the roots.